Saturday, 6 May 2017

Journal Entry Prompt: A motto to live by

What's a motto?
Nothing. What's a motto with you?

Lame. But what is my motto? What is that formation of words which invoke in me a desire to live my life through the meaning that those words express? Is it possible to have one motto in life? Can only one sentence make it possible to direct life through the ever changing scenario of time? Life changes, so do situations. I can be happy today but tomorrow I may be sad. The motto that gets me through the good days, will it be enough to charge me ahead through my bad ones?


This is getting too heavy. Let's start with something more simple and basic. What's my life motto?



I don't think I've ever had one. My personal experience is that, things almost always never go according to planning, and I get extremely flustered when things don't according to how they were supposed to go. I have the same feeling towards mottos. What if the motto I have today don't express my life fully tomorrow? Or the day after?

That is pretty much when I would start panicking.

It took me a while, but I finally found a line that could be akin to something like a motto in my life. It's a dialogue from the Japanese anime Blood+, and the English translation goes something like this, "Live for today, look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile." I figured that's as good of a motto I can have in my life as ever. It covers the good, the bad and the ugly, so I'm protected from all sides. Phew!

Then there's another one that I like as well. It's the name of a lesser known anime, but it serves the purpose of being a motto just as fine. It's called "Living for the Day after Tomorrow" and I think that's just the sweetest thing ever. It just gives you the hope that no matter how bad things are today, and maybe tomorrow, it may not be as bad the day after, well, tomorrow.



My point is, I feel that a motto should be something that gets you through the ups of your life, as well as the downs. After much deliberation, I feel as if I have found not one, but two, that brings me through all the hardship.

Not sure if this blog entry is entirely cohesive. Then again, this was just meant to be about jotting down a couple of my thoughts. Well, off to bigger and better adventures now! After all, I need to start living for the day after tomorrow.

And don't forget to smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a quick question? Ask!

Name

Email *

Message *